Some people are drinking Organic Raw Milk because it is nutrient-rich and full of probiotics, some because of its superior taste, some are concerned about things like antibiotics, GMOs, pesticides and hormones in their food, whereas for others it is about a rejection of mass food production.
We decided to do some research and find out what is motivating a growing army of people to drink Organic unpasturised, unhomogenised milk.
1. The Taste is Spectacular – Smooth, silky, unctuous. Sweet almost, but not in the least rich.
2. Promotes Gut Health – Raw Milk is full of probiotics, healthy enzymes and “good” bacteria vital to gut health. If you ever need to take antibiotics which kill the good gut bacteria, drinking Organic Raw Milk helps reactivate the gut. Furthermore, Raw Milk contains various enzymes that can help improve the digestion of nutrients from other foods. www.foodfacts.mercola.com/raw-milk.html
3. Helps with Allergies Such as Asthma and Eczema – Studies are now proving that children who drink raw milk are 50 percent less likely to develop allergies and 41 percent less likely to develop asthma compared to other children (https://www.realmilk.com/many-benefits-raw-milk/).
4. Helps the Immune System – Nutrients like probiotics, vitamin D and immunoglobulins (antibodies) found in raw milk naturally boost the immune system and reduce the risk of allergies in both children and adults.
5. Helps Protect Against Cancer, Diabetes and Heart Diesese – Cows fed fresh green forage, have been shown to have higher levels of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) a very powerful nutrient shown to i) fight all 3 stages of cancer, ii) promote healthy blood sugar levels and thereby reduce our chances of diabetes, and iii) improve heart health as CLA consumption increases. https://chriskresser.com/raw-milk-reality-benefits-of-raw-milk/
6. High in Omega-3 and Fat-Soluble Vitamins – which are essential, they modify how our body responds to stress and control many metabolic processes. They help with arthritis, decreasing all markers of inflammation, help with depression by increasing well-being and can be shown to help us focus.
7. More Digestible – Customers who have previously been described as “lactose intolerant” have provided reviews such as “This is the only milk I can drink without any issues!” (Jonathan, London). Studies have shown raw milk to be significantly more digestible. A recent study reported that milk from black-and-white dairy cattle contains a type of protein known as A1, whereas milk from traditional breeds tend to produce A2 milk, as do goats, buffalos – and humans.
8. Free from Antibiotics, GMOs, Pesticides and Hormones – More commercially raised animals are fed a high-protein soy- and corn-based diet and may be given bovine growth hormones to increase milk production. This diet is contrary to their biology and can cause illnesses that may require cows to be given antibiotics. GMOs, pesticides and hormones are banned under an organic system and whilst antibiotics are allowed, Gazegill’s milk line is the only one we know of that is 100% antibiotic free. Our rare breed herd of 70 cows are 100% organic and grass fed on their natural diet, which may give lower milk yields but results in healthy cows and healthy naturally nutritious milk.