Gazegill Organics Ketogenic Diet Box
Organic Nitrate Free Bacon
6 Organic Paleo Sausages
2 x Organic Sirloin Steaks
2 x Organic Nitrate Free Gammon Streaks
Organic Beef Steak Diced
Organic Leg of Lamb
Organic Raw Double Cream
Organic Raw Milk
The Ketogenic Diet is a term for a “low carb diet” also known as a “high fat diet” because followers get their calories from protein and fat (i.e. not from carbohydrates).
Many followers of Ketogenic based diets are customers of Gazegill Organics because our organic raw milk, raw cream, organic cheese, organic butter, 100% grass fed meats and fats and oils are ideal – full of natural fats, protein, vitamins and minerals.
The principal is that when you eat less than 50gms of carbohydrates per day you body runs out of blood sugar, then breaks down protein and fat for energy – also called ketosis.
Should you try it?
It is vital to work with a doctor or health professional. A keto diet has been shown to help the following conditions:
- Type 2 Diabetes: one study found being on a keto diet for 1 year reversed diabetes for up to 60% of participants. With weight loss came a dramatic reduction or elimination of the need for insulin, and no longer needed oral hypoglycemic drugs. People with Type 2 diabetes can do very well on the keto diet.
- Obesity: If a persons body mass index is more than 40 or they have insulin resistance a keto diet can be helpful as a short term strategy to reset metabolism.
- Epilepsy: A keto diet has been used to treat epilepsy and other neurological conditions, research has shown improvements for those with Alzheimers, autism, brain cancers.
What to Eat on a Keto Diet:
- 100% Pasture Fed Organic Beef, Lamb, Pork Chicken
- Cheese, yogurt
- Milk, cream, butter
- Coconut Oil
- Small quantities of raspberries, strawberries, blackberries
What Not to Eat on a Keto Diet
- Refined Sugar
- White Bread
- Potatoes and veg high in carbs
Research has shown that following a keto diet switches your body from burning carbs (i.e glucose) to burning fat (i.e ketones). When this happens metabolism speeds up, hunger goes away, muscle mass increases and the blood pressure and heart disease risk profile improves.
A keto diet has also been shown to stop the body making cholesterol, therefore less likely to have blood pressure and other heart conditions.
Insulin is a hormone that lets your body use sugar as a fuel or store it. Following a keto diet means you burn through this fuel very quickly so you don’t need to store it, therefore your body needs (and makes) less insulin.
So if you already follow the Keto Diet or are thinking of giving it a try, a great value quality supply of 100% Grass Fed Organic Meat, Proteins and good Fats is our Organic Keto Box.
Please always work with a health professional before starting this diet to make sure it is right for you.